Raceway Auxiliary Pit Vehicle Rules
The following rules are in effect immediately concerning the operation of auxiliary pit vehicles on Raceway property
- All motorized pit/auxiliary vehicles (golf cans, ATVs. motorcycles. motor scooters, mini-bikes etc. must be registered with the Raceway and owner/competition entrant must read and sign the Raceway Pit Vehicle Registration and Agreement form.
- The Raceway reserves the right to elect the registration and use of any motorized pit vehicle depending upon its design and construction.
- Non-motorized vehicles such as tricycles, skates, skateboards, roller blades, razors. etc. MAY NOT BE RIDDEN ON THE PREMISES AT ANY TIME.
- Auxiliary pit vehicles may be used for necessary transportation only. ‘Joy riding’, crating. recreational use or ‘fun’ riding is prohibited Vehicles are only allowed on raceway premises when the owner Is actually competing in an event Spectator/guest/non-participants we not allowed to bring /register vehicles on Raceway premises
- All vehicles, wherever possible, are to use perimeter roadways and we to avoid high traffic areas.
- The speed limit for the entire facility is 10 mph THIS WILL BE ENFORCED.
- All operators must be at least 16 years old. Have a valid driver’s license. and must be covered by adequate liability insurance applicable to the operation of the pit vehicle AM operators shall provide proof of such insurance, a dryers Sumba and any other applicable credentials upon request of a Raceway or event official.
- Mt pit vehicles must be operated in compliance with the vehicle manufacturers operating instructions and/or industry standards, including those regarding riding/driving position and number of passengers.
- All registered pit vehicles MUST display the owner’s competition number and registration tag in a clearly visible location/manner.
- Unsafe or improper operation of the pit vehicles and or any violation of regulations and instructions may, at the sole discretion of the Raceway, result in wain against the owner and/or operators, including, but not limited to immediate impediment of the pit vehicle, LOSS OF RACING PRIVILEGES FOR THE DAY FOR THE FIRST OFFENSE. AND FOR THE SEASON FOR THE SECOND OFFENSE.
- The hours of operation for pit vehicles will be from the time gates open until the last race is completed.
- Vehicles operated after sunset must have an adequate headlight. Taillights may also be required on an individual basis depending upon vehicle design.
- Pit vehicles used by the Raceway for operators of an event. Or by the sanctioning body are exempted from registration requirements, but must follow rules regarding safe operation and speed limit.
- Raceway reserves the right to amend, modify or add to these rules at any time in its sole discretion. In all cases, the decision of the Raceway management shall be anal.
- A Commercial General Liability Insurance policy in the amount of $300,000 per occurrence and aggregate per event is Included with your registration. Your coverage is effective upon payment of your $50.00 registration fee end is In effect tint’ January 1, 2013 ” The coverage provided is for body injury or property damage that you or a permitted user of your auxiliary vehicle may cause while operating it in accordance with NHRA rules at an NHRA member race track.
(Note: This policy does not provide any coverage for damage to your auxiliary vehicle. Commercial General Liability insurance coverage only applies while the auxiliary vehicle is operated at a NHRA member track you have no coverage for any use that takes place away from a NHRA member trade.)
A copy of the Commercial General Liability policy is available on line at nhradttl.com. Please note that coverage is always limited to the specific coverage terms, conditions and exclusions of this policy. “If you furnish us with a certificate of insurance reflecting that you already have insurance at least equal to the above coverage through an insurer rated at least A-VIII by Bests. And such Insurance is effective until at least January 1. 2013, then NHRA may, at its option, remove your insurance coverage. If you do have other Commercial General Liability insurance, that Insurance information must be provided on the 2012 Season Pit Vehicle and Registration form.